Reasons You Should Have a Personal Lawyer.
You might wonder why the characters in movies and television shows always have a lawyer on call. In real life, some people have personal lawyers, and if you do not, it is time you considered getting one. Below are a few compelling reasons why.
The following are a few ways a lawyer can help your business.
- A lawyer will go through workplace laws to ensure you do not infringe on the rights of your employees.
- Lawyers can guide you on intellectual property matters such as trademarks, copyrights and patents.
- Lawyers are critical elements during the purchase and sale of property. They prepare contracts of sale and conduct due diligence to ensure the property is safe to buy.
- If you want to enter into a partnership with another firm, a lawyer will guide you through such negotiations.
A lawyer can help you get through complicated family issues. Some of them include:
- Marriage. Your lawyer will help you draft a prenuptial agreement to protect your interests in marriage.
- If you have an abusive spouse, a lawyer will advise you on what immediate actions you should take to get out of harm's way.
- Divorce. If you are contemplating divorce, a lawyer's advice will come in handy. The lawyer will give you an idea of what to expect during the divorce process.
- Child custody. A lawyer will guide you on how to ensure you are part of your child's life after divorce or separation.
There are various reasons you may find yourself on the wrong side of the law. It may range from minor offences, such as speeding, to more complicated reasons, such as being of interest in a criminal investigation. If you get arrested, you should call your lawyer immediately. A lawyer will guide you to ensure that your rights are not infringed on. Additionally, he or she has a better understanding of how to secure bail.
Preparing your will
Death and illness come when least expected. As such, it is advisable that you have a living will and a will to guide your family during such situations. A lawyer will ensure that both your will and living will meet the set legal requirements. Also, he or she will help you make changes to the will if your circumstances change.
The services of a lawyer go beyond the courtroom. Lawyers can help out in your business, with family matters, with your will, and with criminal investigations.